Depth Research Services Marketer / Business Development Officer Job in Kenya (50K) April 2016
Job opportunity:Depth Research Services Marketer / Business Development Officer in Kenya (50K)
Career vacancy;Depth Research Services Marketer / Business Development Officer in Kenya (50K)
Marketer / Business Development Officer
Description: We are an international training and consultancy organization offering technical training and education services designed for individuals, and organizations working in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene sectors .
We are looking for someone with the required knowledge and skills to work as a Marketer / Business Development Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Analyzing the market or markets where the IRES operates.
- Developing and making effective use of a IRES company profile.
- Elaborate business development plans, implement processes to support business growth through customer and market definition·
- Agreeing upon and implementing a marketing plan.
- Identifying substantive areas of expertise where the firm is weak or understaffed and quickly act to correct the situation.
- Identifying a specific number of prospective new clients and dealing with the prospects directly or indirectly.
- Build and maintain high level contacts with current and prospective customers, including other business and project partners
- Drive prospects through to contract awards, including identifying new customers and markets, simultaneously developing approaches to the market and identifying new prospects
- Determining which of the firm’s strengths should be brought to the attention of existing and prospective clients in the markets where the IRES practices.
- Meeting with each major existing client and determining:
- Whether the client is satisfied with the firm’s representation;
- How the IRES might improve from the client’s perspective;
- What other services might be performed using client evaluation questionnaires.
- Analyzing the mailing list for firm announcements and determining whether it should be expanded or modified.
- Identifying a specific number of potential referral sources and informing them about the firm.
- Identifying and encouraging participation in appropriate service, political, social, alumni and similar organizations for all staff
- Developing internal programs to keep the staff in the firm informed about business development activities.
- Facilitate business growth by working as a cohesive team with the senior management.
- An undergraduate degree with professional qualifications in marketing.
- An MBA or any Master’s degree and possession of additional marketing qualifications would be an added advantage.
- Business English will be a prerequisite.
- Excellent IT skills (internet, email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Minimum of five years’ experience in business development in a consultancy services company, preferably a research firm.
- Experience in managing teams is essential.
- Project Management skills required.
- Planning Execution skills required.
- Market research & analysis experience is desirable.
- Ability to develop winning teams
- Good judgement and business sense abilities.
- Negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication with ability to effectively articulate the company strategy and other opportunities
- A good appreciation of economic developments locally and in the region
Salary: Starting KES 50,000
If you meet the above criteria, please send your application to email@example.com before 23 rd May, 2016.
Note: Use the job title as the subject line in your application email.
Indepth Research Services is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.