De La Rue Executive Secretary Job in Nairobi, Kenya Feb 2016
Job opportunity: De La Rue Executive Secretary in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy: De La Rue Executive Secretary in Nairobi, Kenya
Our client, De La Rue is the world’s largest commercial banknote printer and passport manufacturer and is a trusted partner of governments, central banks and commercial organizations around the world.
They provide market leading printed banknotes, banknote substrates and security features, commercial sector cash processing solutions among others.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Head of Operations (HOO), this is a position responsible for assisting the department head by providing comprehensive administrative support.
These include planning, organizing, directing and controlling the function of the HOO’s office in accordance with laid down policies and procedures, delegated authorities and guidelines.
- Providing general administrative support to the Head of Operations (HOO) e.g. diary schedules
- Setting up meetings as requested and arranging teleconferences and video conferences
- Drafting routine correspondence
- Monitoring and controlling the HOO’s team leave schedules, controlling the ordering and usage of office stationery, support materials and office supplies
- Reviewing incoming emails, following-up or directing them to the respective team members
- Following up on actions on behalf of HOO
- Organizing/coordinating work – related workshops
- Making decisions and appropriately delegating tasks to other team members in the HOO’s absence and ensuring issues are handled within reasonable time
- Arranging the HOO’s travels which including visa processing, flight and hotel bookings, scheduling of meetings/visits and co-ordination with travel agencies
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree in any relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Personal Assistant / administrative role in a busy environment
- Professional qualifications in Secretarial Studies
- Project and function management experience is preferable
- Proven track record in handling customer interface / customer service and event management
- Experience in diary management, travel arrangement and expense reconciliations
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by 5th March 2015 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.