Data Analyst Job in Nairobi, Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Data Analyst in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy;Data Analyst in Nairobi, Kenya
Summary: Our client is looking for a Data Analyst to work in a fast paced, data driven company that builds merchant service platforms.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for management-level consumption.
- Enable internal teams to monitor and track their key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Consult with internal teams to influence their strategic decisions and KPIs
- Ensure data quality and accuracy
- Continuously drive reporting improvements and identify process deficiencies
- Identify the root cause of data trends and outliers
- Develop and run queries to pull/transform data from multiple sources
- Respond to data requests from various internal departments as needed to drive business value
- Develop and drive analytical work streams that will directly lead to significant revenue generation and/or cost reduction.
- Contribute to the maintenance of data analysis tools and processes
- Contribute to data policy development and regulation
- Continuously evaluate and suggest new technologies to enhance team analytics
- Deepen individual and team analytical abilities
- Improve individual and team proficiency with analytical tools such as Microsoft Excel, R, and Tableau
- Quantitative degree in computer science, economics, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or an equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in an analytical role with increasing levels of responsibility
- Knowledge and working experience in SQL and Relational Databases
- Knowledge and working experience in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in statistical software such as MATLAB, Octave, R, SAS, or STATA
- Experience in creating and communicating PowerPoint Presentations
- Working knowledge of VBA and/or Tableau preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to engage in white space thinking and achieve objectives without a clear path
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: Data Analyst
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only