Country Director Career Recruitment in Kenya Dec 2015
Job Title: Country Director
Job Code: CD/IC/151204
Number of Positions Open: 1
Reports To: Board of Directors
Job Location: Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Summary: Our client is involved in economic and social development through market-based solutions that help build and scale innovative businesses for social change.
Their vision is to be the global market leader in providing advisory services to clients who seek to create social and environmental impact at the Base of the Pyramid (BOP) in emerging markets.
Job Summary: We are currently looking for a dynamic leader to lead our Africa offices.
Working with the Board of Directors and the leaders of the different practice lines at the organization, the Country Director will be responsible for providing Strategic Roadmap, Governance, Leadership, and Operational Excellence, to meet company’s growth plans, create shareholder value, and build the organization as a leading advisory Firm in the Africa market.
This is a highly entrepreneurial role in a fast-growing organization and a start-up environment, with overall responsibility for the business growth. The incumbent will be working closely with our leadership team and will be responsible to build and lead the Consulting in Africa.
Business Strategy & Roadmap
- Develop and drive a comprehensive business strategy and roadmap, to achieve goals, and targets articulated by the Board. Implement the strategic business plan into an effective action plan for long term sustainability and profitability
Profitability & Shareholder Value
The Country Director will be responsible to drive profitability and shareholder value creation, while focusing on the following business objectives:
- An ‘Entrepreneurial’ mind set – sustained focus on profitability and shareholder returns
- Growth Centric approach coupled with a culture of cost effectiveness
- Optimal utilization of reserves and capital
Business Building and Development
The Country Director will be responsible for generating business and play a key role in the organizations Africa growth through foray into new markets and client segments, including branding the organization in Africa.
He/she must have a good understanding of social media platforms, Internet, and technological advancements, for business, and brand building.
Leadership & Talent Development
The Country Director will be responsible to build a credible and highly motivated team, provide effective leadership from the front, alongside grooming and developing talent and transforming them into successful business leaders.
The Country Director will foster an environment of operational excellence and discipline, which is aligned to, and enhances the entrepreneurial spirit and approach of the organization by setting- up robust operational procedures, policies, and standards; drive compliance to key operational processes and measure performance through metrics on all key operational, financial and strategic performance parameters.
Enterprise Risk Management
The Country Director must constantly keep abreast of the rapidly evolving and changing global political, social, economic, business environment, and regulatory – both, to leverage the opportunities which emerge, as well as to manage the risk.
The Country Director must proactively anticipate, and manage all risks – Governance, Compliance, Financial, Regulatory, etc.
Communication and Brand Building
As the primary brand ambassador, the Country Director should be able to effectively articulate, and communicate the organization’s vision, social objectives, and unique positioning to Employees, Clients, Media, as well as on key Social and Industry forums globally.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 15+ years of strong consulting work experience and market insights in BoP markets. The incumbent should have demonstrated a successful track record in leading high-performance teams
- He/ she must have practical knowledge of MSME Consulting offerings and services in an emerging market
- Ability to instil governance and process orientation without compromising the entrepreneurial DNA of the organization
- Experience in creating and scaling-up knowledge businesses, building and managing teams, and designing large-scale interventions to address challenges of African market
- Strong Leadership skills – should be able to earn credibility, and work with a high-calibre leadership team.
- High degree of Integrity, Ethics, and a strong focus on transparent Governance.
- Well-networked business builder with an ability to identify new client segments, open doors, and build strong, sustainable, and long-term relationships.
- The Candidate should have should have an advanced degree, preferably a MBA from a premier institution
How to Apply:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Country Director
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only