Consultancy Services Jobs for Restructuring of the Agricultural Development Corporation (ADC)In Kenya June 2014
Background: The Agricultural Development Corporation is a Government Parastatal, established by an Act of Parliament CAP 444 of 1986, to under-take promotion and execution at agricultural schemes and reconstruction in Kenya by initiating, assisting or expansion of agricultural undertakings and enterprises.
- Is the custodian of the national livestock studs.
- Plays a major role in the transfer of agricultural technology from research institutions to the Kenyan farmers.
- Provides testing ground for technologies and research.
- Supports industries processing agricultural produce.
Objective: The objective of the consultancy is to provide professional services to enable the Government of Kenya undertake restructuring of Agriculture Development Corporation to improve service delivery and profitability.
Scope of Work
- Review current situation and business activities and identify both critical and non critical factors contributing to the past and current performance in the institution.
- Explore the innovative options of revitalizing the Corporation and putting it in profitability stream by restructuring the balance sheet to make the organization bankable.
- Assess appropriateness of the current operational model impact on the institutions overall sustainability.
- Propose restructuring plans covering human resource, financial and operational matters; and recommend appropriate organizational structures with corresponding staffing levels that will result in operational efficiency.
- Develop the expected restructuring recommendations/deliverables clearly laying out priorities to be addressed, and sequence of actions to be taken and implementation matrix with clear timelines,
- Advise on the cost of implementing ADC’s restructuring plans,
- Make any other related recommendations and /or observations which are deemed pertinent for the successful completion of the restructuring processes
Interested consultants are expected to provide information indicating their capability to undertake the consultancies.
- Certificate of incorporation
- A valid tax compliance certificate
- Company’s profile
- proof of financial strength (3 years of audited accounts)
- Evidence of similar assignment performed by the firm in the past 10 (Ten) years (provide at least 5 clients’ references and contact addresses)
- available staff and their CV’s for the assignment: Expertise in Agriculture-crops and livestock; HRM; Financial Management; Strategic Management: (should have 10 years working experience in Kenya or developing Country on similar assignment)
A complete EOl document in a plain sealed envelope with the consultancy firm’s name clearly marked should be posted to the address indicated below;
The Principal Secretary
State Department of Agriculture
P.O. Box 30028-00100
Or be placed in the Ministry’s tender box which is marked “Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries” and located at the main reception of Kilimo House, so as to be received on or before 3rd July, 2014, 11 A.M.
For: Principal Secretary