The Tea Board of Kenya
“Facilitating the Industry in positioning Kenya Tea as the preferred Tea in the world”
Expression of Interest (EOI) for Consultancy Services for Carrying out a Feasibility Study on Identification of Potential Markets for Kenya’s Value Added Tea Products
The Tea Board of Kenya (TBK) is a State Corporation established under the Tea Act (Cap 343) of the laws of Kenya with a core mandate of regulating and developing the tea industry.
The Board will soon become a Tea Directorate under the AFFA 2013 Act.
The Tea Board of Kenya wishes to undertake a study to establish the feasibility on market expansion and diversification with special emphasis on the value added products.
Reputable firms both local and International are invited to express interest for undertaking the study. Consultancy companies wishing to be considered for the assignment are invited to submit an Expression of Interest which should include the following at the minimum;
1. Curriculum Vitae of three (3) consultants possessing at least a Master’s degree in Agriculture or Agricultural Economics, International marketing and International Business Relations, respectively.
2. Should have previously undertaken six (6) comparable assignments, each valued at Ten Million Kenya Shillings (K.sh 10,000,000) or USD One Hundred and twenty Thousand (120,000); three (3) of which must have been within the public sector. Such assignments should have involved Trade promotion and Advisory services, policy formulation and resource mobilization.
3. Evidence of previous work done as stated in (2) above should be attached as well as letters of reference.
4. Certified copies of the Certificates of Incorporation/Registration and KRA tax Compliance or relevant certificates from the respective countries. The same will be verified through the respective Foreign Missions.
5. Audited accounts for the last five (5) years.
6. Understanding of the Agricultural sector in Kenya preferably within the Tea Industry, Agricultural Sector Development Strategy (ASDS) and the Kenya Vision 2030.
7. Familiarity with food safety management systems (ISO 22000, HACCP, BRC-IOP and any other relevant international standards).
Expressions of Interest should be submitted to the Board in plain sealed envelopes and clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR CARRYING OUT A FEASIBILITY STUDY ON IDENTIFICATION OF POTENTIAL MARKETS FOR KENYA’S VALUE ADDED TEA PRODUCTS”.
And should be addressed and submitted to:
The Ag. Managing Director
Tea Board of Kenya-Naivasha Roard-Off Ngong Road
Tea Board House
P.O. Box 20064 -00200
To be deposited in the tender box at Tea Board House Naivasha Rd -off Ngong Road on or before Wednesday 9th July 2014 at noon.