Republic of Kenya
Embu County Government
Tender No EBU/CNT/EOI/02/2015/2016
Request for Expressions of Interest (EOI)
Consultancy on Preparation of Strategic Development Plan
(a) Background: In a bid to re-position its development agenda priorities and enhance service delivery, the Embu County Government seeks to procure the services of a consultant to guide its strategic plan development process.
Therefore the County Government would like to recruit a consultant to guide it in the development of a Five (5no.) years strategic development.
(b) Objectives of the assignment: The objective of this assignment is to develop a comprehensive five (5) years strategic plan to guide the County in its Development agenda.
(c) Scope of the Assignment,
Key activities in this consultancy include and are not limited to:
- Development of a detailed work plan for delivery of a strategic plan
- Undertaking comprehensive analysis of Embu County and its development agenda
- Undertaking a business environmental scan to determine strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats; identification of key success factors and priorities;
- Casting compelling Vision and mission statements
- Determining Strategic Objectives, strategies and activities to deliver them
- Identifying targets to be achieved and respective budgets
- Establishment of an M & E frame work to guide in the establishment of an effective implementation strategy
The consultant will ensure stakeholders involvement and participation as required by County Government Act.
(d) Qualifications of Consultants;
The successful firm will on the minimum provide one consultants with the lead consultant having a PhD degree in a relevant field and at least 5 years of experience in Strategic plan development and implementation.
The second consultant should have a Master degree in a relevant field and at least 5 years in strategic management consultancy.
The consultant should also show evidence of having developed at least five (5no.) strategic plans for government agencies
Above information should be submitted on-line and clearly marked “TENDER NO EBU/CNT/ EOI/02/2015/2016-EXPRESSION OF INTEREST CONSULTANCY ON PREPARATION OF STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT PLAN
Applications should be posted on-line on or before Thursday the 15th October 2015 at 11:00 a.m
No manual submission will be accepted.
Documents will only be received through the e-procurement platform on the following websites: – www.embu.go.ke and Emailed to email@example.com
Head Supply Chain Management Services
For County Secretary