Consultancy Manager Job Vacancy – Kenya Institute of Management May 2016
Job opportunity;Consultancy Manager – Kenya Institute of Management
Career vacancy;Consultancy Manager – Kenya Institute of Management
Vacancy: Manager, Consultancy
The Kenya Institute of Management is the hub of management and leadership excellence providing the highest quality professional and institutional development programs for greater growth and expanded opportunities.
Our mission is to steer and champion excellence, integrity and competitiveness in individuals and organizations throughout Africa and beyond.
We achieve this through our service / product portfolio including: Membership Development Programs, Professional Diploma in Management and Certifications, Executive Short Courses, Management Consultancy, Research Solutions, Entrepreneurship and Business Skills Training, Business Advisory Services , Business Excellence and Recognition Awards (OPI / COYA / SMOYA) and Management Magazine.
The Institute hereby seeks to recruit results-oriented and self-driven experienced professional to join our team in the following positions:
Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the Head of Training & Consultancy, the position holder will be coordinating the day-to-day operations, consultancy and development activities within the division.
The individual will also be responsible to identify and develop business opportunities.
The position holder will also be required to promote the Institute’s Consultancy services at (but not limited to) networking events, trade and career fairs.
- Develop and undertake business development activities for the Consultancy Department.
- Organize and coordinate consultancy programmes covering needs assessment process, design, marketing, and implementation of the programmes.
- Identify new areas for consultancy expansion and ongoing development by analyzing the OPI reports to identity new business opportunities.
- Respond to requests for consultancy proposals and expression of interest.
- Keep up to with to date with developments in consultancy practice and implement new innovations as appropriate.
- Identify gaps in the consultancy offering services, secure additional contracts and business leads and grow the consultancy portfolio.
- Develop a business/revenue strategy for the consultancy business units that will aid in meeting financial objectives.
- Manage the development and implementation of client programs for the consultancy business units.
- Generate fresh concepts for new and existing initiatives in the consultancy department.
- Initiate client/prospect meetings for new opportunities and sponsorship sales.
- Be a high profile networker with key organizations to seek new revenue opportunities.
- Interface with existing strategic customers to solidify mutual expectations of performance and growth.
- Develop and manage a high quality database of industry experienced and qualified resource persons.
- Keep up to date records for all consultancy activities.
- Manage and monitor consultancy activities and budgets.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Minimum Master’s degree in a Business related field.
- At least 5 years of working experience in curriculum development and consultancy in professional programs.
- Professional qualifications in Marketing, Project Management will be an added advantage.
- Highly proficient in computer applications.
- Skills in preparing budgets, plans and acting on the plans,
- Good presentations skills
- Good report writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent networking skills
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
- Good leadership skills
- Strategic insight
- High level managerial skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Industry knowledge
- Business awareness and commercially focused.
- Leadership and strong management skills.
- Coaching and mentoring
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements / qualifications and are interested in an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that embraces mutual respect and support, then we would like to hear from you.
Kindly forward your application accompanied by a detailed resume, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than Close of Business 13th May 2016.
The Head of Human Capital
The Kenya Institute of Management
P.O. Box 43706-00100
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KIM is an equal opportunity employer.