Communications and Marketing Intern Job in Nairobi Kenya 2014
Communicating our work and building key relationships to grow the firm is essential to our success. We are looking for an able intern to join the Tachicom-Kenya family.
You will have an unbridled passion for communicating what we do to a variety of stakeholders and will work closely with the Communications and the PR and Marketing departments.
As a Communications and Marketing Intern, you will work with the team to disseminate marketing materials to key stakeholders, identify and secure new partnerships with relevant organisations, help develop and marketing materials and undertake some support for outreach of our services.
Post: Communications and Marketing Intern
Accountable to: Business and Marketing Manager
Location: Nairobi, Ngara
Key Relationships: Marketing, Communications, all departments and external agencies
Role Summary: To communicate Tachicom-Kenya messages to a range of stakeholders.
- Work with team members, delivering reactive and proactive PR: writing press releases and responses to announcements, and identifying, initiating and placing newsworthy stories, case studies and features
- Supporting the Business and Marketing Manager with clients-out reach
- Monitor news for relevant stories
- Monitor and update the team about competitor activity
- Work with the wider team to develop and implement new marketing strategies
- Seek short, medium and long term opportunities to expand and promote awareness of Tachicom-Kenya`s work, in particular service initiatives.
- Build and nurture external relationships with a range of target market audiences, online and offline.
- Use the media appropriately to raise Tachicom-Kenya’s profile – working closely with Tachicom’s external agencies.
- Produce marketing materials.
- Protect and enhance the reputation of Tachicom-Kenya.
The successful intern will demonstrate a real interest in communications and marketing and media.
You will also be an effective and engaging communicator with experience of social networking sites aimed at young people.
Essential skills and abilities
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Initiative to identify new opportunities to improve in house services.
- Ability to build networks and make connections.
- Good research skills
- Ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
Internship period: 3 months
To apply: Subject of email to clearly indicate: Communications and Marketing Intern
Send only CV to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Monday 3rd March 2014