Communications Company Operations Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Company Operations Manager in Nairobi Kenya
Career vacancy:Communications Company Operations Manager in Nairobi Kenya
Our client is a communications infrastructure company whose core business is to provide innovative products, solutions and services that build, support and maintain telecommunication networks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Head the Operations team to ensure productivity and prompt response to client requests as well as work closely with the customers to manage the running MS contracts elements and ensure the SLA levels are met.
- Be in-charge of the Managed services ( Both passive and active maintenance)
- Formulate operations budgets for approval by finance and management team as well as review budgets for work force, material acquisition and purchase, tools, technology or special skills needed for the company projects.
- Align the department’s strategies with the overall organizational strategy.
- Identify training needs for the operations team and develop training schedules to bridge the skills gaps and ensure adequate capacity is built at all times.
- Providing technical advice and directions to the department managers, including interpretation of the contract and bid documents so as to determine their economical viabilities and risks attached thereto.
- Update the Managing Director on daily and regular basis on the operations of the company and advise on key areas to bring smooth and profitable operations
- Scrutinize and review daily, weekly and Monthly reports in MS activities including maintenance schedules and physical checklists and other key reports to ascertain the promised quality is delivered.
- Providing effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all projects and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all projects.
- Gather and validate the spares requirements in sites as well as audit replaced spares as well as sort pending spare requirements
- Carry fuel consumption tests, site maintenance audits as impromptu visits in the field on monthly basis
- The holder of this position will be required to successfully complete any other duties that may be allocated.
- Degree in Engineering Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronic engineering (Additional skills in Project Management will be an added advantage)
- 3- 5 years Experience in a similar position
- Prerequisite knowledge of GSM or Telecom systems
- Prerequisite knowledge of Power systems
- Analytical, detailed focused in managing process especially use of computer system and tools in power management and monitoring
- Excellent technical and project management skills
- Excellent decision making skills and problem solving skills.
- Strong supervisory skills, interpersonal skills and high resistance to stress.
- Willing to work in remote areas and work such hours as to complete assigned tasks
- On call 24 hrs and ability to travel at short notice
- High Integrity and honesty
- A clean and valid Driving License
- Must be a team player
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted