Commercial Director Job in Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;Commercial Director in Kenya
Career vacancy:Commercial Director in Kenya
The company’s range of products embodies the passion of its people and the deep belief in the company’s vast potential. The company has embarked on an exciting transformative journey to grow its presence in the regional beverage market and revitalise its brand.
Our client offers a vibrant employee value proposition and is on the lookout for
ambitious and talented people to join them. With a view of further enhancing their recognition as one of the region’s leading beverage companies, it is seeking out experienced and dynamic individuals with strong leadership, drive and energy to lead its transformation in the following roles:
The job holder will be responsible for leading and managing all commercial activities of the business by developing and implementing an innovative, growth focused commercial strategy to ensure profitable business growth is accelerated and that commercial success is achieved.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of sales, distribution and marketing strategies and plans to achieve business and strategic objectives in line with the organizational objectives.
- Develop strategies to enhance the width and depth of distribution, through appointment of right distribution partners which would translate to increased market share and higher revenues. To demonstrate excellence in distribution through effective market planning and execution.
- Drive the achievement of availability, accessibility, affordability and activation targets for all the business products by channel and brand in order to achieve the sales targets in Kenya and other Export and international markets.
- Monitor performance of the business against it competitors on a periodic basis across all regions with focus on revenue and customer market share and develop targeted roadmaps for maximizing revenue from the business’s flagship brands.
- Optimize Route to Market channels through design and implementation of robust best practice in sales and distribution models including third party management.
- Conceptualize and implement distributor engagement programmes, monitor ROI of distributors and maintain healthy business relationships and effectively utilize it for improving the business’s position in the Market place.
- Oversee the preparation, monitoring and control of the sales, distribution and marketing budgets and ensure departmental spending is in line with the approved budgetary allocations.
- Establish winning business relationships with key stakeholders in the market to drive the achievement of the organisational objectives
- Ensure the sales and marketing teams succeed at the Point Of Sale (POS) through excellent Trade Marketing execution & relationship management.
- Establish systems to attract, develop, engage, and retain talented individuals and create an environment where they can realize their full potential and contribute to the attainment of departmental and organizational goals.
- Lead the development and execution of communication channels with the business’ customers, distributors and stakeholders that allow for customer feedback (and complaint) to be heard and acted upon consistently and efficiently.
- A Bachelors’ degree in a business related field.
- Professional qualification in a related field.
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body.
- A Master’s degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- A Minimum Ten (10) years experience in sales management, commercial and/or marketing; five (5) of which must be in a similar leadership capacity.
- Ability to build, develop and implement exceptional commercial infrastructure and plans to support market penetration and market share for fast moving consumer goods.
- Experience in talent management and development in a sales environment.
- Innovation skills and continuous improvement of existing procedures and processes.
- Superior people management skills, team motivation and leadership competence.
- Results oriented with strong networking, sales and interpersonal skills.
- High levels of emotional intelligence.
- High level of integrity.