Co-operative Bank System Performance Engineer Job in Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;Co-operative Bank System Performance Engineer in Kenya
Career vacancy;Co-operative Bank System Performance Engineer in Kenya
At Co-operative Bank “The Kingdom bank”, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly.
We’re looking for a System Performance Engineer who is confident in their ability to manage mission critical business – facing internal tools.
Reporting to the head of ICT Quality Assurance, the System Performance Engineer will support the performance test function within the technical test team using the bank’s enterprise tools and product specific simulators.
- Understand the architecture and associated components of the applications and systems under evaluation.
- Work with product owners and business analysts to understand and help translate the non-functional requirements into documented performance test scenarios.
- Put together and agree a plan for performance testing for the systems under test, with the help of technical team lead and assist in project planning, scheduling, budgeting and tracking activities.
- Agree with stakeholders on monitoring requirements to effectively plan capacity requirements before system deployment and determine system load handling capacity accurately.
- Use performance testing tools and technologies to develop effective performance testing and monitoring approaches for different IT solutions in an integrated environment.
- Have a strong grasp of system performance matrices in a Service Oriented architecture.
- Conduct system performance testing and continuous system monitoring to ensure system reliability, capacity and scalability.
- Execute performance tests, analyze results to determine root causes of performance issues and recommend corrective actions; present results to both technical and business teams; device re-testing approach after systems tuning is effectively implemented and demonstrate improvements.
- Perform proactive review of applications and systems performance metrics and alerts to ensure event correlation and trend analysis are performed on a regular basis.
- Conduct job trainings and provide assistance to Junior Test Engineers as needed.
- Provide support in project design, development and deployment activities. This entails working with a team of engineers to deliver services with optimal uptime, reliability, resilience, and quality.
- Develop automated test scenarios and setup environments for performance testing.
- Create and maintain robust, reusable data driven Load Runner scripts.
- Contribute to overall test team meetings and make proactive suggestions for process improvement initiatives and efficiencies for future testing.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related degree from a recognized university.
- 5+ years of programing/ system engineering experience with 2 years systems functional testing experience and at least one year of using any performance testing tool for event driven and data driven approaches.
- Very good knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and a fair knowledge of Unix and Linux.
- A good understanding of relational databases, particularly SQL Server and Oracle coupled with experience in relational data modeling, data management and data processing.
- Excellent understanding of programming languages and other programming tools particularly Visual Basic, C#, Java, HTML/CSS, XML and experience in software development (Java, Dot Net development) knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills, performance reports analysis and interpretation for technical and business actions.
- Good knowledge of basic architecture components of systems such as systems integration, communication protocols and database connections and how they relate to the performance of applications.
If you fit the profile, then apply today!