Co-operative Bank Internal Auditor Job in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Co-operative Bank Internal Auditor in Kenya
Career vacancy;Co-operative Bank Internal Auditor in Kenya
As part of our ongoing development of the internal audit function, we are looking to recruit a dynamic and commercially astute Internal Auditor.
This is a high visibility role which provides the successful candidate with an opportunity to contribute to the organization’s control environment and exposure to many business areas.
Reporting to the Chief Internal Auditor, the Internal Auditor will be required to perform information systems, operations and credit audits, both technical and end-user across the Co-op Bank Group.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Utilize extensive understanding of business activities to recommend scope and objectives of assigned audits, execute audit procedures, perform detailed analyses, reach sound conclusions, and document results for assigned audit activities.
- Participate in the execution of multiple audit projects to achieve the scope, timing, and objectives of each assignment while ensuring applicable regulatory guidance is included in scope for assigned audits where applicable.
- Proactively identify risks, evaluate controls and make recommendations to improve internal control and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Analyze and verify transactions and representations as well as performing review of test work completed by assigned staff.
- Prepare excellent work paper documentation ensuring quality of such documentation in accordance with professional standards, as well as establishing departmental standards and deadlines.
- Recommend departmental improvements to automate procedures, methods, and standards to improve departmental efficiency, productivity and quality.
- Prepare clear and concise recommendations for correction of unsatisfactory conditions, improvements in operations, and reductions in cost and effectively gain concurrence and support for recommended control improvements.
- Facilitates the communication of audit results and special projects via written reports and oral presentations to management;
- Assist in the annual risk assessment process and generation of annual audit plan.
- Identify and analyze level of threat and potential risk to the organization’s information assets
- Ensure that access to electronically stored corporate information is adequately protected and managed appropriate to the risks
- Test adequacy and effectiveness of IS control measures and recommend corrective measures to be undertaken in areas of weakness.
- Perform special audits as and when called upon and make maximum use of Computer Assisted Audit tools e.g. TeamMate, ACL etc.
- Assist in training/mentoring of staff and develop and maintain the skills, knowledge and expertise to make valuable contribution to the internal audit team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science from a recognized university.
- Possession of an MSc or other relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- Professional Certification in IT Audit, Risk and Security e.g. CISM, CISSP, CISA, CRISC
- Excellent understanding of auditing concepts and practices with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management role in IT or IT Audit.
- Skilled in project management, and maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrable knowledge in risk assessment and control concepts/methodologies.
- Skilled in negotiation and conflict management to resolve problems that may arise during an audit.
- Excellent oral and written skills; a strong verbal communicator, analytical writer and able to clearly and concisely convey personal observations of processes, risks and controls.
- Excellent analytical ability both qualitative and quantitative to draw sound conclusions coupled with demonstrated knowledge and proper application of sampling techniques.
- Excellent attention to details and organizational skills.