Co-operative Bank Data Architect Job in Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;Co-operative Bank Data Architect in Kenya
Career vacancy:Co-operative Bank Data Architect in Kenya
The quality of an enterprise’s Data Architecture is a great predictor of an IT organization’s overall success.
Are you are a subject matter expert as far as data Architecture is concerned?
Reporting to Head – Data Governance & Strategy, The Data Architect will be responsible for planning and designing conceptual structures and plans to meet the current and long-term enterprise requirements, as well as ensuring that the respective business, application, data and technology perspectives are in line with the bank’s data governance strategies, policies and standards.
- Design logical and physical data structures that support the enterprise information requirements and analyze and align the enterprise data models with other business process.
- Define and maintain the data technology architecture; to guide the selection and integration of data-related technology, data integration architecture; to govern the flow of data within the enterprise systems and applications, data warehouse architecture; to capture the data transitions and snapshots in data warehouse systems for maximum usefulness and performance as well as the business intelligence architecture; to govern the decision support framework and drive data mining, analysis, and reporting.
- Define and maintain the meta-data architecture that governs how meta-data is created, integrated, controlled and accessed and the enterprise taxonomies and namespaces to organize enterprise data.
- Define and maintain conceptual structures and plans to meet the current and long-term data requirements of the enterprise.
- Determine, document and assess the enterprise information needs from business, operational, compliance and regulatory perspectives.
- Share best practices, lessons learned and constantly update the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and up-coming vendor products and solutions.
- Support strategic direction by drawing on information from multiple sources and using guidelines to analyze what information is important and how it should be used.
- Achieves results by overseeing tasks through to completion, working within agreed priorities, committing to achieving quality outcomes, and seeking feedback from supervisors to gauge satisfaction and seeks guidance when required.
- Support productive working relationships by building and sustaining positive relationships with team members, stakeholders and clients, and being responsive to changes in client and stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Display personal drive and integrity by taking responsibility for meeting objectives and progressing work, showing initiative to do what is required, and committing energy and drive to see that goals are achieved
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, engineering or related discipline.
- Expert knowledge across multiple technology platforms, business processes and enterprise architecture.
- TOGAF certification will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in working with or leading a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) integration environment.
- Strong background in understanding organizational resources, priorities, needs and policies, and use of the same in developing IT strategies and solutions.
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills. Communicates with influence, confidently presenting communications in a clear, concise and articulate manner, focusing on key points and using appropriate, unambiguous language, selecting the most appropriate medium for conveying information, and structuring written and oral communication to ensure clarity.
- Analytical with good project management and team leadership skills.
- Knowledge in the use of notable data management tools.