Co-operative Bank Savings and Credit Society Ltd
Reports to: General Manager
Purpose of Job: The successful candidate will provide effective and efficient co-ordination and supervision of accounting, financial and treasury management through the development and implementation of sound accounting & financial systems and internal control procedures in accordance with the Co-operative Act 490, Co-op Bank Sacco regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Oversee the accounting operations of the organization, especially internal control systems, policies and procedures;
- Supervise all finance department staff and spearhead the operations of the department, in achieving the department’s goals and objectives in all aspects of reporting, final accounts and liaising with internal and external auditors;
- Formulate operational and capital budgets in accordance with the Sacco’s budget program as contained in the strategic plan observing strict approval procedures for all amounts within prescribed limits;
- Evaluate and measure finance & business performance against the Sacco’s strategic plan, make recommendations and presentations to enhance organizational performance to meet shareholders expectations;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent and a professional accounting qualification CPA (K).
- Member in good standing of relevant professional body – ICPAK.
- Minimum of C+ in KCSE or its equivalent
- 5 years relevant experience of which at least 2 years must have been in a supervisory capacity
- Prior experience and exposure in the Sacco industry will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a copy of their updated CV with telephone numbers of three referees and covering letter to Cofirstname.lastname@example.org not later than 21st October 2015.