How Citizen TV’s JULIE GICHURU lost her child& lived in heavy debt for 3 years.
Citizen TV’s Julie Gichuru is one of the few Kenyan female celebs who keep their private life away from the media as much as possible.
However, here are some of the things you didn’t know about her.
1. She is a half-cast of an Indian and a Kikuyu. Her father is an Indian while her mother is a Kikuyu from Kiambu. Contrary to popular belief that she comes from a wealthy family, her parents struggled to educate her.
2. She worked in a factory while studying in UK to help her father raise school fees.
3. She is married to a pilot – a Mr Anthony Gichuru – who comes from a wealthy family. (The Gichurus)
4. She has four children but one child died in 2005 and that happens to be one of the most traumatizing moments of her life. She lives with the pain up-to date.
5. She was once in heavy debt for three years after starting a fashion magazine which flopped badly. She had to re-pay the massive bank-loan.
6. She is a serious businesswoman who runs an online fashion store known as MIMI.
7. She is addicted to cartoons and spends most of her free time watching cartoons with her children.