Centre for Health Solutions Program Officer (HIV Testing Services) Job in Kenya April 2016
Job vacancy;Centre for Health Solutions Program Officer (HIV Testing Services) in Kenya
Career opportunity:Centre for Health Solutions Program Officer (HIV Testing Services) in Kenya
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the following position: –
Program Officer – HIV Testing Services (HTS)
Overall Job Function: Reporting operationally to the Regional Coordinator, this position is responsible for strengthening the implementation of HIV testing services (HTS) in CHS supported health facilities in Kiambu, Murang’a, Nyeri, Nyandarua and Laikipia Counties in collaboration with County, sub County and hospital management teams at the facilities.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of HIV Testing and Counseling strategies at selected CHS -supported facilities.
- Ensure the Provider-initiated HIV Testing and Counseling is offered at all service points (inpatient, outpatient and clinics) at selected facilities.
- Oversee planning and implementation of high yield community HTS strategies in selected catchment areas.
- Provide training, mentorship and supervision of HIV Testing services to the HTS providers at the selected facilities.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of HIV testing services for families and sexual partners/contacts of people living with HIV (Family and Partner Testing and Counseling [FPTC]) at selected CHS supported facilities.
- Implement strategies for referrals and linkages of newly diagnosed HIV infected clients between HTS points and the HIV clinics (CCC), at selected health facilities.
- Implement internal and external quality assurance measures for HIV testing services, at selected health facilities.
- Improve documentation and reporting of HTS activities at facility level for program evaluation and planning.
- Any other duty assigned
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Degree in nursing, clinical medicine, public health, community health, sociology, or equivalent health related field.
- At least two years’ experience in implementing a HIV program, preferably HIV testing services.
- Training in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment including HIV Testing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages for report writing and presentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain relationships.
- Ability to identify problems, design interventions and oversee their implementation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to train and mentor others.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria are invited to email their application letter and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title and its reference number as the subject line by 5.00PM on or before Thursday, April 14, 2016.
This is an urgent fill and CVs will be reviewed on an on-going basis.
We will close advert as soon as we have found the right candidate.
Interested applicants are therefore advised to submit applications as early as possible.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification