Carolina for Kibera Head of Social Services Department Job in Nairobi Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Carolina for Kibera Head of Social Services Department in Nairobi Kenya
Career vacancy;Carolina for Kibera Head of Social Services Department in Nairobi Kenya
Over the past 15 years, Carolina for Kibera (CFK) has pioneered a low-cost, high-impact model of participatory development program development and built a brand that is recognised locally, nationally and internationally.
CFK is ready to accelerate its growth, launching new initiatives to respond to burgeoning needs and securing a financial foundation for CFK’s long-term commitment to the Kibera Community.
They are looking for dynamic hands on leader to serve as Head of Department – Social Services.
Reporting to: Deputy Director
Probationary Period: 3 Months
Key Result Areas
- Plans organize and manage the operations and activities of social services programmes according to department and funding source requirements; within scope and timing and also monitors expenditures and service revenues. He or she will assists in maintaining budgetary control; develops data collection systems and prepares regular statistical and progress reports.
- The role holder will build trust with the community and develop working relationships, ensure control mechanisms for the operations and maintain high standards of client management ethos by delighting and serving brilliantly.
- The role holder will holistically manage staff within function and drive their productivity to ensure tangible and measurable impact and outcomes.
- Gathers and analyzes information to determine new and ongoing program needs; determines programme objectives aid formulates procedures and protocols for program services; monitors progress toward objectives; participates in the development and implementation of policies, and priorities or the assigned units.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets laws, regulations, policies and procedures governing assigned program operations; determine and reports on impact of proposed legislative and regulatory changes; assists in development of organisation polices to effect changes in programme operations.
- Supervises, trains, assigns and evaluates staff, determines utilization of own staff; confers with and/or makes recommendations to the management team with respect to complex personnel employee relations matters, as well as public contact problems, which may have significant Administrative or legal consequence.
- Processes and reviews referrals for clinical services; assigns cases and monitors quality; facilitates clinical case review and staff meetings; meets with supervisory to discuss program needs.
- Develop and write grant or contract proposals; prepares narrative statements identifying needs, objectives, methods, evaluation and budgets; monitors the world of contractual service provider.
- Represents the division or department on task forces, planning bodies, committees and other groups; confers with representatives of funding sources and licensing bodies; explains the division or department role to officials, groups and individuals.
- Attends and participates in professional groups meetings, committees, and boards; stays abreast of trends and regulations in the field; maintains current knowledge of community resources and programs in order to provide information and referral to clients.
- Management for value.
- Five years of increasingly responsible experience in a social services program of which 3 year was in a supervisory capacity.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required from an accredited college or university preferably with a major in Social Work or a related field.
The successful candidate will have directly supervised a Social Services program while exhibiting:-
- A demonstrated commitment to non-governmental organisations.
- A firm commitment to providing the highest quality of service to staff and the community.
- Sensitivity and responsiveness to advocacy, constituents and employee organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage senior executives and management team.
- Focused and results oriented.
- In depth knowledge on performance contracting and management.
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th May 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Head of Department Social Services’
Carolina for Kibera is an equal opportunity employer