Kenya Meat Commission (KMC) is a State Corporation established in 1950 through an Act of Parliament CAP 363 of the Laws of Kenya with the objective of providing a ready market for livestock farmers and processing high quality meat and meat products for consumption in the domestic and export markets.
The mandate of the commission is to procure process and market high quality meat and meat products at the most competitive prices using efficient, effective and environmentally friendly systems to the satisfaction of customers and other stakeholders.
We wish to recruit dynamic, innovative, self-driven and highly qualified individuals to fill the following positions to drive the Commission in achieving the said mandate and effectively supporting the Government in the realization of Vision 2030.
Sales and Marketing Manager
Sales and Marketing Manager
Ref: KMC 4/10/2015
The Sales and Marketing Manager will oversee the sales function and ensure set volumes and revenue targets are met.
He/she will be responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs.
He/she will report to the Chief Operations Manager.
- Member of the senior management team and is therefore part of critical business decisions and strategy development
- Manage existing distributor relationships / customer accounts and develop new sales channels
- Ensure periodic sales and performance targets are achieved
- Manage the entire sales staff and coordinates the sales function.
- Develop and review marketing strategies
- Prepare sales annual plan and budget for managerial approval to improve operational efficiency
- Plan and coordinate sales events and promotional activities as well as networking with industry stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction
- Champion the company’s brand identity and culture
- Ensure compliance with established standard policies and procedures
- Provide specific management reports and analysis
- Liaise with other departments to ensure availability of resources to achieve targets efficiently
- Manage credit collection and ensure debts are within credit policy
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelors of Commerce degree in Marketing or its equivalent
- Master’s degree in Sales & Marketing will be an added advantage
- Professional qualification in Sales & Marketing from a recognized institution
- Membership to a professional body such as Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK)
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ work experience in a senior management position preferably in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG)
- Ability to network and proven track record of closing sales and meeting sales targets.
- Extensive experience in an ERP environment, SAP experience will be an added advantage
All applicants should have certificates of good conduct, compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board and the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission.
How to Apply
If you meet the above minimum requirements please send your application, Curriculum Vitae, indicating current salary, copies of certificates, testimonials and contacts of at least three referees and daytime telephone contacts to reach the undersigned not later than 13th November 2015.
The Managing Commissioner,
Kenya Meat Commission,
P. O. Box 2-00204,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and Persons Living with Disability are encouraged to apply.