The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Logistic Centre in Nairobi (Industrial Area) is seeking an experienced & highly motivated individual to fill the position of a Carpool Supervisor.
- Assist in dispatching vehicles to staff for official duties;
- Organize drivers schedule (including holidays) and follow up on vehicles’ activities;
- Assist in planning of daily, local and field trips;
- Follow up on equipment inventory in each vehicle;
- Update vehicle status, trip boards and fuel consumption together with the supervisor;
- Monitor, control and report the use of vehicles to the supervisor;
- Refuel vehicles whenever needed, keep track of fuel issues and stock and give a report to the supervisor;
- Check the log book filing.
- Ensure that all relevant vehicle and loading documents are valid and located in the vehicles;
- Ensure that vehicles are loaded according to manufacture specifications;
- Ensure the follow-up of services and repairs of vehicles;
- Organize refueling and washing of vehicles;
- Adhere to standard fleet procedures concerning accident reporting;
- Collect fuel invoices from car users and forward them to the supervisor;
- Organize the statistics for the Transport department;
- Extract and analyze fuel data using optifuel and give reports to the supervisor.
- Certificate in Fleet Management;
- Basic Mechanical skills;
- Academic: Min ‘O’ Levels ;
- Heavy vehicle commercial driving license (BCE)
- Driving experience as an international driver is an added advantage;
- Good computer skills (Excel)
- High sense of integrity;
- Ability to work in team;
- High degree of flexibility
- Loyal and Honest;
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to Human Resources Office on the address or e-mail below, on or before 23rdOctober 2015.
Please include a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
International Committee of the Red Cross,
P.O. Box 34071, Nairobi, 00100(GPO),