Jobs vacancy Caritas WASH Officer in Kericho County, Kenya Nov 2015
Job vacancy: WASH Officer Kericho Kenya 2015
Caritas Kericho has been implementing agricultural and WASH projects in Kericho and Bomet counties since 1996 working under the auspices of the larger CDoN Agriculture Programme.
- Liaise directly with communities, elders and local authorities, as well as other agencies operational in the project area;
- Participate in weekly planning and reporting meetings;
- Prepareand share weekly plans and reports and contribute to compiling of monthly reports and quarterly reports;
- Supervise and regularly monitor hygiene and sanitation promotion activities being carried out in the schools and targeted locations;
- Lead and conduct community hygiene promotion in collaboration with public health officers;
- Mobilise the community to change behaviour regarding hygiene and sanitation prac-tices;
- Participate in hygiene campaigns in schools and at community level;
- Work with and facilitate the communities and schools to implement the project activities in line with the MOUs signed;
- Assist in the assessment and monitoring of school and community WASH infrastructure construction;
- Any other duties as required.
- University degree in environmental science, public health, or related science qualification;
- Minimum of two years of relevant WASH experience in NGO is required;
- Strong project management experience is essential;
- Specific experience in implementing water, hygiene and sanitation projects in schools and communities using CHAST and CLTS methods is desirable;
- Ability to multi-task and effectively handle stressful situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluency in both English and Swahili required);
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a team;
- Proficiency in computer applications such as MS Word and MS Excel;
- Experience in community mobilization, participation and able to work with local communities and children;
- Experience in hygiene promotion and MHM training;
- Demonstrated skills in project monitoring and evaluation as well as project progress documentation;
- Must be a person of high integrity and dependable with respect of Christian faith and values.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted