Jobs at USAID KIWASH Project Water / Sanitation Infrastructure Specialist in Kenya
The Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (KIWASH) Project is a five-year, USAID-funded project to improve lives and health through the development and management of sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene services in Kenya.
- Directly oversee WASH infrastructure and MUS projects and activities led by subcontractors in the designated duty counties with majority of time spent in the field;
- Support production of Requests for Proposals/ Requests for Quotations/ Bills of Quantities (RFPs/RFQs/BOQs) and provide inputs on WASH infrastructure and MUS site selection, surveys and designs, specifications, deliverables and evaluation criteria;
- Participate in bid evaluation committees to select qualified construction firms (sub-contractors) or vendors for equipment and materials;
- Ensure timely completion of infrastructure activities in compliance with the contract requirements, (specifications, drawings, environmental monitoring and contractual conditions), USAID rules and regulations and DAI policies;
- Liaise and coordinate with County-based Government water/sanitation, education and health staff and beneficiary communities;
- Provide guidance on water supply and sanitation infrastructure design and construction to Water Service Providers (WSP).
- Provide guidance and inputs to the KIWASH team regarding infrastructure activities;
- Regular and timely inputs into KIWASH bi-weekly, quarterly, and annual reports, as well as annual work plan;
- Other tasks as required by supervisor.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing WASH-related programs and/or water resources management at it pertains to water and sanitation services) in Kenya;
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a related area;
- Conversant with Government of Kenya environmental and construction codes required;
- Experience in working on community-based water supply and sanitation program implementation essential;
- Familiarity with USAID environmental and construction codes, reporting and management requirements preferred;
- Knowledge and experience working on Kenyan water supply and sanitation issues in a devolved setting;
- English language written and verbal fluency.
Reporting: The Water / Sanitation Infrastructure Specialist will report to the Water/Sanitation Advisor based in Nairobi.
Qualified candidates should e-mail their CV to KIWASH_Recruitment@dai.com by November 12, 2015, indicating position of interest in the subject line.