Capital Markets Authority Licensing & Approvals Officer Job in Kenya 2014
- Reviewing of applications for licensing and license renewals for market institutions and intermediaries.
- Reviewing prospectuses to ensure that the information to the public is accurate and complete and provides full disclosure of material facts.
- Reviewing applications for approval of public offer of equity and debt instruments
- Reviewing applications for the registration of Collective Investment Schemes in line with the requirements of the Capital Markets Act and Regulations issued there under.
- Reviewing notices, announcements and advertisements by market intermediaries and listed companies and make recommendations of the suitability for publication.
- Liaising with the Market Supervision Department to carry out due diligence with regard to the appointment of proposed directors and key personnel of market intermediaries.
- Liaising with the Research, Market Infrastructure and Product Development Department in carrying out research into key areas Capital Market areas that affect the licensing and approvals policies and processes.
- Updating and maintaining the Contact details and movement of key personnel database on a regular basis.
- Liaising with Government Agencies, the Nairobi Securities Exchange, Central Depository & Settlement Corporation, law firms and other key stakeholders regarding licensing and approvals applications.
- Bachelors degree in Law
- Postgraduate diploma in law from Kenya School of Law
- Certified Public Secretary (CPS) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualifications is added advantage
- Admission as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practising Certificate
- Two years of relevant experience.
- An understanding of capital markets operations
- Experience in the practice of corporate commercial law and transaction advisory.
- Excellent understanding of the Kenyan legislative system.
- A high level of attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Verbal communication and report writing skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
P. O Box 74800 – 00200,
– See more at: http://joblistkenya.com/capital-markets-authority-licensing-approvals-officer-job-kenya.html/#sthash.XDGWiqhL.dpuf