Business Development Officer (Life) Job in Kenya March 2016
Career vacancy:Business Development Officer (Life) in Kenya
Job opportunity:Business Development Officer (Life) in Kenya
Our client, an insurance company seeks to recruit BDO Life to join their aggressive team in servicing customers’ needs.
Job Purpose: To prospect, acquire and retain Group Risks and Retirement Benefits Business in line with the set Company targets and standards.
- Gaining new business by identifying and exploiting new business opportunities in the regional market;
- Looking for and opening newGroup Risks and Retirement Benefits markets within the region.
- Providing competitive quotations to prospects.
- Consulting on the most effective cover for a particular need, while taking a number of factors into account.
- Setting up meetings, preparing and delivering presentations to potential clients.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with intermediaries and existing customers.
- Training and supporting Tied Life Agents (TLAs) in the region on group business.
- Training and supporting intermediaries in respect of retirement benefit schemes and group risks.
- Introducing new products and promoting them through regular visits and frequent communication with intermediaries, existing clients and prospects.
- Ensuring credibility with clients by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions and competitors’ products.
- Delivering good customer service by responding swiftly to queries and concerns from clients.
- Attending service meetings of Group Risks customers.
- Attending meetings for trustees/AGMs and providing education on retirement plans to scheme members.
- Providing management with market feedback and intelligence.
- Monitoring and reporting on performance against agreed sales and retention targets.
- Preparing regular management reports.
- An undergraduate degree in a business or social science related field.
- Have ACII or IIK qualification or demonstrate significant progress towards attainment of the same.
- At least 3 years’ experience in marketing of life and pensions solutions to corporates and organized groups.
- Appreciable understanding of the Kenya insurance market, the prevailing business environment and products by the competition.
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good negotiation skills and persuasiveness.
- Confidence presenting to large groups of people.
- Trustworthiness and discretion when handling confidential information.
- A smart appearance and professional manner.
Do not attach any certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacte