BAT Commercial Engagement Regulatory Affairs Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2014
We are hiring! We have an exciting opportunity within our Corporate & Regulatory Affairs function.
Job Title: Regulatory Affairs Manager – Commercial Engagement
Purpose Statement: To provide strategic input on regulatory issues, trade and tax policies that impact upon our business in order to secure our competitiveness, facilitate market access, compete fairly, and mitigate potential risks.
- Develop and implement strategies, initiatives and plans to promote sensible regulatory frameworks in our area of operation within East & Central Africa Area.
- Develop and implement strategies for the business to capture value and mitigate risks in respect to the international and regional trade blocs in our area of operation i.e. East African Community (EAC), Common Market for Eastern & Southern Africa (COMESA) and Southern African Development Community (SADC).
- Analyse and interpret information relating to the external environment potentially impacting upon the business to ensure that the company has a continuous picture of the regulatory environment and ensure remedial action is taken as required.
- Develop effective working relationships with regulators and co-ordinate targeted engagements as may be required.
- A degree in Economics, Law, Public Policy, Political Science, International Relations
- Working knowledge of public affairs, trade blocs and fiscal policy generally.
- Ability to apply basic project management principles to campaign execution
- At least 4 years’ work experience in a similar role within Government, international institution or FMCG
- Appreciation/understanding of public affairs and policy making processes
- Ability to build and sustain good working relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Ability to handle, prioritize, multiple projects simultaneously
- Business awareness with good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Basic working knowledge of French will be an added advantage