Bank Head of Risk Career Recruitment in Kenya Nov 2015
Job vacancy: Head of Risk – Banking Kenya 2015
Description: Reporting to the Managing Director and the Group Chief Risk Officer, the job holder will provide risk oversight to the bank by developing and implementing an integrated risk management framework to identify, evaluate, manage, measure and monitor bank-wide risk management; additionally, will give assurance to the Board and Group, that risks for the subsidiary are identified, measured, managed and reported in line with the country Regulator’s requirements and Group standards.
- Provide leadership for the risk function, overseeing implementation and functioning of the Enterprise Risk
- Management framework and engaging various business teams to embed the risk culture.
- Customize Group policies & procedures to suit the local environment, specifically as regards to strategic, reputational, operational, market and credit risks as well as Ethics and compliance.
- Monitor and analyzes risks within the company’s business units and reports on these risks to the Board
- Monitor all operational risk management activities of the organization.
- Ensure the risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations and strategic obligations of the bank.
- A Business related Degree preferably in Business or science related.
- Possession of an MBA, Professional qualifications e.g. CPAU, CA, ACCA, ACIB and etc. will be an added advantage.
- 7 years’ broad banking experience with at least 3 years’ experience as a leader in a risk management function.
- Knowledge of bank-wide business functions/ processes in Operations, Credit, Treasury, Human Resources, IT, etc. as well as banking products and services.
- Specialized training in risk management and a strong conceptual awareness of Basel II requirements.
- Strong leadership skills and governance awareness.
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- A dynamic, proactive, decisive person, who can be a change agent
CLICK HERE to apply online
Candidates from all over Eastern Africa are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted