Alternative Distribution Channels Manager Job in Kenya June 2014
Our client, one of the leading insurance and financial services companies in East Africa, with their headquarters in Nairobi and a network of branches spread across Kenya, and East Africa.
Their customers are their inspiration and they seek to build lifelong relationships with them by offering relevant services that enhance the quality of life.
They recognize that to achieve leadership they have to be revolutionary, customer focused and inclusive.
Job Purpose: To innovate, strategize and execute plans to deliver on such deliverables as number of policies, annual premiums, case size and renewals to grow retail business through non-traditional distribution channels i.e. Banc assurance, online/ digital channels, and aggregator groups.
- Develop and implement new distribution channels in consultation with the GM and the MD.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives as assigned.
- Advise on potential products and device strategies to enable the company respond appropriately to emerging business opportunities.
- Set motivating sales targets and manage performance to maximize productivity.
- Monitor channel performance and deal with evolving issues to avoid undesirable outcomes.
- Recruit, train, coach and retain high level partners to meet set annual targets and drive results through Activity Management, Reward & Recognition programs, etc.
- Build a performing Alternative Distribution sales team and enhance their performance through coaching.
- Conduct regular joint fieldwork with branch managers to support their production efforts.
- Host regular general-purpose staff workshops to communicate policy and develop team.
- Set up and run systems to track activity and production.
- Identify and develop partnerships with a set number of alternative channels.
- Ensure Management reports are sent on timely basis. Interpret the reports to make relevant changes in the day to day Management of the Channels.
- Formulate and implement Direct Marketing Strategy with all key alternative channels to meet set targets
- Lead solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner channel personnel.
- Sell through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources
- University degree with professional qualifications in Insurance, Sales Management, Customer Care and Relationship Management
- At least 2 years’ selling and 3 years’ Sales Management experience in Banking, Insurance or Telco sectors
- Flair for Marketing
- Opportunity assessment capability
- Great networking and prospecting skills
- Excellent Negotiation & Presentation skills
- Customer Relationship building and management
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted