Alcohol Distributer Brand Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity:Alcohol Distributer Brand Manager in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy:Alcohol Distributer Brand Manager in Nairobi, Kenya
Summary: Our client is an alcohol distributer looking to hire a Brand Manger, who will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Contributing to the strategic and tactical brand plan development and implementation of marketing plans and briefs
- Overseeing junior members of marketing team by clearly stating goals and objectives; maintaining open communication; and motivating to accomplish tasks
- Demonstrating technical marketing skills and high-levels of company product knowledge
- Co-coordinating the implementation of approved annual Brand Plans in the main On Trade and Off Trade channels.
- Conducting consumer research, competitive landscape scoping, as well as discussing with Brand Companies, and utilizing industry journals to inform the planning process for the assigned brand portfolio.
- Delivering the annual brand plans for the key brands within the assigned portfolio, while ensuring that the plans are locally relevant and comply with the global marketing strategy as well as local legislation.
- Developing innovative consumer programs (in conjunction with various agencies) for ATL, BTL, and trade facing programs as well as influencer marketing activities.
- Assisting with development and implementation (in conjunction with the Digital Manager) of a digital plan per assigned brand with focus on Social Media and Content generation.
- Spearheading the creative process (in conjunction with creative agencies) for marketing campaigns within the assigned brand portfolio.
- Implementing brand activities and ensuring that they are enacted effectively, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Working with cross-functional teams (e.g. Trade Marketing, Commercial team, Supply Chain, Finance) to align and deliver brand activities in a timely manner.
- Managing sponsorships and its execution in co-ordination with Events team.
- Communicating brand standards, plans, strategy, and marketing programs to key stakeholders (internal & external)
- Conducting monitoring and evaluation initiatives and providing recommendations after the execution of all brand activities.
- Conducting and reporting regular brand performance and health reviews
- Working with various internal and external teams (e.g. Commercial team, Brand Ambassadors, PR agencies e.t.c) to gather competitive and consumer insights.
- Develop and present a monthly competitor analysis report to the various stakeholders locally and globally.
- Assisting with the proposal and development of the A&P budget for the assigned portfolio in collaboration with Trade Marketing.
- Providing regular budget updates and forecasts throughout the year, while ensuring that expenditure does not exceed agreed levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) qualification
- Five (5) years of solid marketing experience in a Multi-national FMCG environment
- Demonstrated experience in brand development, including brand positioning and brand building activities
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Strong leadership / management skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage and make best use of relationships at various levels
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to have a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and to manage many competing priorities
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: Brand Manager