Agri Business Manager Job in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Agri Business Manager in Kenya
Career vacancy;Agri Business Manager in Kenya
Vacancy: Agri Business Manager
Sokopepe Limited is an enterprise supporting the agricultural sector in Kenya by offering market information and farm records management services.
Sokopepe is currently targetting farmers in Meru County with Farm Records Management Information System (FARMIS) innovation and wishes to recruit an Agri Business Manager to support the team achieve a set of targets.
Working under the board, The Agri Business Manager responsibility will be to safeguard shareholder value by developing and implementing strategies that combine available resources in the most productive manner.
- Lead a team of other professionals in the implementation of Sokopepe strategy in the County which includes working farmer groups and financial institutions.
- Develop marketing strategies for individuals and farmer groups in Meru County
- Serve as the primary spokesperson and representative for Sokopepe and ensure that the organisation and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Knowledge of trends and developments in the Agriculture, Socio-economic and sustainability space or any other relevant field.
- Operations management knowledge including a clear understanding of the role of support services to drive profitability and growth of business a professional services firm.
- An understanding of the agriculture as an industry, trends and developments that may affect the operations of Sokopepe.
Qualifications, Experience, & Skills
- A Master’s degree in Business Management, Agricultural Economics or any other agricultural related course is an added advantage.
- Undergraduate degree in business and/ or agriculture related field with at least 5 years working experience, three of which should be at senior management level in a comparable company.
- Experience working with farmer groups
- Computer Literacy.
Applications, including an updated CV with names and contacts of three referees, should be sent
PO Box 100098-00100
The deadline for applications is 8th June 2016
SOKOPEPE is an equal opportunity employer.