African Wildlife Foundation UK Director Job in London April 2016
Job opportunity;African Wildlife Foundation UK Director in London
Career vacancy;African Wildlife Foundation UK Director in London
Terms of Reference
Supervisor: Vice President of Philanthropy
Position Summary: The African Wildlife Foundation’s UK Director works as an integral member of the global philanthropy team, with the primary responsibility of expanding AWF’s philanthropic reach to new global regions by growing the individual and institutional donor base in the United Kingdom.
The UK Director will play a lead role in crafting a comprehensive fundraising strategy for AWF UK, ensuring that funding in the UK continues to increase.
This person is expected to develop and maintain strong relationships with existing donors and identify a pool of prospects that secure new sources of individual, foundation and corporate support.
This position will be a home-based position, in or near London.
- Command a comprehensive understanding of African Wildlife Foundation’s history, mission, strategic goals and impact in the context of the critical issues facing Africa’s wildlife future.
- Ability to articulate this understanding to individual, foundation, and corporate donors in an effective manner and appropriately market program concepts to diverse donor audiences.
- Develop a strategic fundraising plan for AWF in the United Kingdom under the direction of the senior leadership team.
- Develop and manage a large portfolio of individuals, foundations and corporate donors.
- Frequently engage with a growing portfolio of donors to facilitate the moves management process.
- Work collaboratively and under the direction of AWF’s global philanthropy team.
- Follow up all donor engagement activities with appropriate solicitations, proposals and acknowledgements of appreciation.
- Enter and manage donor engagement activities in AWF’s database of record, Raiser’s Edge.
- Travel within the United Kingdom and occasionally internationally.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit to ambitiously and tenaciously create new philanthropic opportunities for AWF.
- Demonstrated passion for wildlife conservation and experience in conservation field so that he/she can serve as a compelling ambassador for AWF in the UK.
- A deep understanding of the fundraising process including identifying, researching, qualifying, soliciting and stewarding donors and prospects.
- No less than 5 years of fundraising experience with a charitable organization.
- A successful track record of growing a diversified portfolio of philanthropic gifts.
- Strong donor research skills and familiarity with research resources.
- Database management experience
- Experience with Blackbaud products including Raiser’s Edge and ProspectPoint desirable.
- Inventive problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team connected remotely.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Professional discretion in handling confidential donor information.
- Legal right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.awf.org/about/careers