African Heritage Design Accountant Job in Kenya 2014
African Heritage Design
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing and interpreting financial information;
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends;
- Analyzing change and advising accordingly;
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance;
- Developing financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk;
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities;
- Managing the company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems;
- Liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out;
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts i.e. auditors, bankers and statutory organizations such as KRA;
- Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines;
- Managing budgets;
- Arranging new sources of finance for the company’s debt facilities;
- Supervising departmental staff;
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Generate and manage payroll administration, implementation of internal controls.
- Make regular reports to senior management on income, expenditure and any variations from budgets.
- Act as cheque signatory for and authorize expenditure up to limits as agreed by the board of directors
- Identify and implement plans with the assistance of the human resource manager for department training and development needs.
- Review collection reports to determine the status of collections and the amounts of outstanding balances.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning and resource allocation.
- Knowledge of the law and government regulations.
- Knowledge of capital raising strategies that support a firm’s expansion.
- Monitor cash flows and trends.
- Knowledge of the training requirements in the financial department that assist in creation of a training programme.
- Keenness of detail that allows for easy detection of errors or problems resulting in quick rectification.
- Ability to assess individual as well as team performance.
- Ensure continual teamwork within the department.
- Ensure integrity and honesty when performing duties at all times.
- Ability to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Ensure team motivation is maintained while offering direction and guidance.
- Delegate work to other individuals within the team.
- ACCA and/or CPA qualified
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Business/Commerce or Economics
- Masters degree in any of the above would be an added advantage
- 5 years’ experience in a mid-sized corporate entity
- Experience in the implementation of ERP/Accounting systems and in performing internal audit services
- Experience in formulating and executing debt collection strategies industry will be an added advantage
All applicants should send their resumes and cover letters quoting the exact job position to email@example.com