African Guarantee Fund ICT Officer Job in Nairobi, Kenya Dec 2015
career Vacancy: ICT Officer
Reporting: The ICT Officer reports directly to the Chief Finance Officer – CFO.
Job Position Location: AGF offices in Nairobi, Kenya.
The African Guarantee Fund (AGF)
The African Guarantee Fund for Small and Medium- sized Enterprises (AGF) is incorporated and licensed in Mauritius as a limited liability company and has its office of operation in Nairobi, Kenya.
Its products and services provide financial institutions with the means which they can leverage in bringing their African SME financing interventions to the required scale.
The AGF contributes to the promotion of economic development, vital for prosperity, stability and poverty reduction in Africa through two lines of activity:
a) Provision of a mix of financial guarantees and other products which reduce the risks supported by the financial sector when lending to SMEs that have insufficient collateral.
These guarantees contribute to reduce the inability of SMEs to provide acceptable guarantees to financial institutions.
Loan Guarantee based on a hybrid approach, Bank’s Fund Raising Guarantee and Equity Guarantees are offered.
b) Support for capacity development of the client financial institutions.
The AGF operates according to market principles and is a commercially viable venture with operations in a number of countries in Africa and its gradually expanding to other countries to cover the whole of Africa.
The African Development Bank (AfDB) together with the governments of Denmark (through Danida) and Spain (through aecid), are the founding shareholders of AGF.
Position Summary: The ICT officer will monitor and maintain the computer systems, the networks and the information systems of the organization.
He/She will install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems.
He/She will also participate in defining the specifications for new applications and monitor their development.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
ICT officer is mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them.
Major duties include:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Replacing parts as required;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Working continuously on a task until completion ;
- Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time;
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers;
- Testing and evaluating new technology;
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Ensure back-up systems operate effectively;
- Coordinating with Procurement office on purchase of hardware and software;
- Provide the ICT technology infrastructures for the organization;
- Contribute to organizational policy regarding quality standards and strategic planning;
- Develop the company IT policies and procedures and ensure a proper execution of the manual;
- Evaluating user needs and system functionality and ensuring that ICT facilities meet these needs;
- Planning, developing and implementing the ICT budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers, to ensure cost effectiveness;
- Scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems;
- Researching and installing new systems;
- Guaranteeing the smooth running of all ICT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision;
- Developing small internal applications
- Ensuring that software licensing laws are adhered to;
- Providing secure access to the network for remote users;
- Securing data from internal and external attack;
- Offering users appropriate support and advice;
- Managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems;
- Mentoring and training new ICT support staff and interns;
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
In addition to the above duties, the ICT Officer may be required to perform other related or unrelated duties based on the company’s needs.
Academic and professional Qualifications Required
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science / Management in Information System
- Combination of Microsoft Certifications (MCP/MCSE)
- Advanced user of Computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc).
- Combination of CompTIA A+ and or Network+
- Should have sufficient skills on Networking system and computer problem solving;
Desirable skills, knowledge and experiences
- Proficiency of both French and English (spoken and written)
- Strong leadership and managerial skills;
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Good planning and organization skills; and
- Attentiveness to detail;
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal;
- Team player with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must have strong analytical and coaching skills;
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Eligibility: The position is open to bilingual candidates of any African country
Terms of offer: The African Guarantee Fund for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (AGF) is an equal opportunity employer and offers a regionally competitive salary with an excellent benefits package.
AGF prides itself on its collegial, supportive and gender sensitive working environment and believes that staff diversity promotes excellence.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants should apply by email, sending one document including a cover letter summarizing their relevance to this position, a full C.V. names and contact information of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to: email@example.com.
“Application for ICT Officer – AGF” should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email message.
Applications will be considered until 23rd December 2015 or until the position is filled.
Only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
We invite you to learn more about us at: www.africanguaranteefund.com