Africa Nazarene University Institute of Open and Distance Learning Director Job in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Africa Nazarene University Institute of Open and Distance Learning Director in Kenya
Career vacancy:Africa Nazarene University Institute of Open and Distance Learning Director in Kenya
Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities of the Director will be as follows:-
- Promote development and implementation of policies, procedures and standards of effective delivery of distance learning.
- In liaison with marketing and teaching departments develop and implement effective university distance learning marketing strategy for growth.
- Identify emerging trends in distance learning and conduct needs analyses that offer opportunities for new programming and service to students.
- Coordinate physical resources, assign and supervise support staff and respond to faculty, staff and students on any problems related to distance learning.
- Assist in the development and implementation of distance learning annual budget.
- Coordinate training for instructors and students in the use of distance learning technology, methods and procedures.
- Ensure that courses offered through distance learning meet overall educational standards of the university through development of policies and procedures that ensure quality in the delivery of services to students.
- Supervise instructional design and technical support staff in designing and implementing processes for reviewing and evaluating distance learning courses for instructional effectiveness and assist faculty with effective course designs that reflects principles of learning theory.
- Explore and recommend ways Distance Learners can do exams outside ANU campuses. In regard to this, the director shall communicate with Kenyan embassies and Churches of Nazarene around the world so that they become exam centers for diaspora students. The director shall work closely with the examination office in this regard.
- Maintain distance learning records and files.
- Ensure that distance learners and facilitators are provided with the necessary support they need as they take their classes at ANU.
- Remain current with regional, national and international development in distance learning and update faculty and staff on these developments through seminar workshops and one-on-one training as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with Commission for University Education (CUE) requirements for distance learning.
- Supervise and monitor distance learning staff, direct work flow, and conduct employee evaluation.
- Attend meetings and serve on assigned committees.
- Work closely with the Computer Information Services Department to facilitate creation and delivery of multimedia course component and upgrade of the Learning Management System when necessary
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Vice-Chancellor or any other authorized officer.
In addition the applicants must have experience in distance education methodologies, working knowledge of modern distance education technologies, outcome assessment and continuous quality improvement, working in academic environment and excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills to link up with different constituents within and outside the university.
Applications should be sent to the address shown below:
The Vice Chancellor
Africa Nazarene University
P.O. Box 53067 – 00200
Applications should reach the Office not later than Friday, 20th May, 2016.