AFEX Receptionist / Office Administrator Job in Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;AFEX Receptionist / Office Administratorin Kenya
Career vacancy;AFEX Receptionist / Office Administrator in Kenya
AFEX, a Lonrho company, provides camp construction, catering, management and logistics support to the Oil and Gas, Mining, UN and NGO sectors, in some of the most remote corners of Africa.
With headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, AFEX provides international standard service delivery, combined with 30 years of regional operational experience.
The AFEX Team is dedicated to ensuring clients have peace of mind that their projects will run on schedule and to budget, with their personnel being cared for to a high international standard.
AFEX wishes to recruit a competent, innovative and self-driven person to fill the following position:
Receptionist / Office Administrator
Job Summary: Responsible for managing AFEX Business Park office services and security, manning the reception, greeting and screening visitors, maintaining the telecommunications system, managing the hotel bookings and airline reservations and the AFEX parcel and postage system;
Key Duties and Tasks:
Key Duties and Tasks:
- Welcomes visitors, greeting, screening and directing them.
- Maintaining entry and exit records of all visitors.
- Manning AFEX switchboard – receiving calls, screening and forwarding to staff; referring inquiries; making outside calls for staff; if staff are unavailable, taking messages and emailing them.
- Reservation of any hotel bookings required by AFEX staff.
- Reservation of any ticketed flights for AFEX staff.
- Coordinate transport as requested.
- Coordinating with Accounts team to ensure that hotel invoices are settled.
- Sending and receiving of parcel/courier mail (DHL/FEDEX) and filling up of airway bills.
- Processing of all AFEX mail and distribution to staff and management of Camp mail
- Maintain the Business Park Staff contact/phone list.
- Work in full accordance with AFEX Group policies, procedures, work instructions and all relevant elements of AFEX Management Systems.
- Ensure that the Office Assistant and cleaner maintains a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen, floors, work stations and glass surfaces.
- Keep the Board Room diary and ensure that staff adhere to it and assist with visitor refreshment as requested.
- Lead or manage any work that involves the office premises, fixtures and fittings.
- Maintain the AFEX Conflict of Interest and Gift Register.
- Assist in all travel arrangements.
- Prepare and circulate the biometric reports.
- Maintain the database of office maintenance and utility contacts.
- Keep a log book of maintenance work carried out in the office by any contractor.
- Ensure that all office maintenance is carried out quickly and with minimum disruption to the delivery of AFEX services.
- Work with the AFEX internal maintenance person to get small/odd jobs done.
- Keep a clear record of all office inventory.
- Maintain a record of all kitchen inventory, ensuring all equipment is well maintained and that there is sufficient stock of cutlery and crockery.
- Manage and coordinate the stock of office stationery for all staff in the Business Park office.
- Manage the stock of consumables and ensure accurate and timely reorder, (office cleaning supplies, milk, tea and coffee)
Support Staff Management
- Supervise the Office Assistant and Messenger with understanding and performance of their jobs.
- Ensure that the Office Assistant is trained to manage the reception.
- A diploma or a first degree.
- 2 years doing a similar job.
- PABX training and experience.
- Patience and Flexible.
- Customer focus and service.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Communication-Telephone Skills, Verbal Communication, Listening.
Applicants meeting the above requirements should send their applications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae giving full details of their qualifications, experience and full contact address including day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address and names and contact details of three referees by Friday, 29thApril 2016 to email@example.com