Admissions Office / Registrar, In Charge of Library Services Job in Kenya Feb 2016
Career vacancy: Admissions Office / Registrar, In Charge of Library Services in Kenya
Job opportunity: Admissions Office / Registrar, In Charge of Library Services in Kenya
Admissions Officer – Registrar, In Charge of Library Services
Job Purpose: The Head of Library is responsible for leading and developing information services across all the branch libraries to provide knowledge of the inquiry research process, technology skills, digital citizenship and a love of literature and reading.
The incumbent is also responsible for providing strategic thinking for the business in terms of delivering library and information services to clients in view of contemporary technological development trends and varying client information seeking behavior.
- Co-ordinate overall provision of library and information services across the foundation of Institute network of libraries.
- Provide managerial leadership for the library through mobilization of technical and financial resources and professional direction of the human resources.
- Formulate and develop library policies and procedure manuals and documentation such as strategic plans and annual budgets.
- Facilitate the full automation of the library.
- Develop appropriate training programmes for staff in the use of automated library systems and other new technologies.
- In liaison with the ICT team, manage the Integrated Library Systems and related technology.
- Prepare and administer the annual budget for the library within the approved limits.
- Develop strategies for the growth of information resources such as e-resources.
- Coordinate acquisition of informational materials, equipment and furniture.
- Maintain close linkages and cooperation with suppliers, publishers and other related information institutions.
- Liaise with donors and initiate collaborations and linkages with strategic development partners.
- Process students’ admissions by:-receiving applications for admissions, opening student’s files and preparing students’ files for admission for directors’ action.
- Process examinations by:-issuing and receiving examination applications forms, participating in the invigilation of the examination.
- Process certificate and transcripts by:-
- Confirming registration and completion of pupilage period;
- Checking to make sure that students have passed all examinations as per letters of exemption before preparing completion certificates;
- Processing files for preparation of transcripts;
- Dispatching of completion certificates;
- A Master’s degree in Library and Information Sciences will be added advantage
- Qualification in Library Automation and related technologies is a Must.
- Not less than 5 years’ post qualification work experience in a related field/environment.
- Skills in preparing budgets, planning and strategy execution
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills.
- Excellent management and leadership skills.
- Highly creative, and passionate about exploring new ideas.
- Ability to work under pressure within strict deadlines
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Possess high sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Result oriented.
Kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as the
ADMISSIONS OFFICER –REGISTRAR, INCHARGE OF LIBRARY SERVICES before or on 26th February 2016.