Administrative Supervisor Job in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity:Administrative Supervisor in Kenya
Career vacancy:Administrative Supervisor in Kenya
Job Summary: Supervises clerical staff and participates in their recruitment and selection. Participates in the coordination of administrative and clerical work in an office. Performs a variety of administrative and secretarial duties as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assigns work, provides direction to clerical staff and ensures that assigned tasks are completed. Ensures effective and appropriate clerical staff coverage.
- Orients and trains clerical staff.
- Monitors the performance of staff. Provides feedback on their performance and conducts performance evaluation.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of clerical staff by performing duties such as advertising vacancies, screening resumes, interviewing applicants and providing input on selection.
- Evaluates, develops and recommends office procedures and practices to senior management. Ensures that approved office policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed.
- Responds to outside inquiries about services offered by the organization. Communicates with other community service agencies and/or ministries regarding client enrolment in and attendance at programs.
- Performs a variety of secretarial duties such as drafting and typing routine correspondence, arranging meetings and taking minutes.
- Tracks office or program expenditures by recording expenses, alerting the supervisor to budget overruns and unusual expenses and authorizing purchases. Maintains a variety of financial records such as petty cash fund, purchase orders and cheque requisitions. Provides input into budget formulation.
- Collects, researches, organizes and summarizes data from a variety of sources and produces reports such as program status and board reports.
- Maintains client and program information using spreadsheet and/or database software.
- Produces ad hoc reports from databases as required by the supervisor by identifying and organizing the required information, compiling data, designing format, and printing reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications: Education and Knowledge
- A bachelor’s degree in business or office administration, Human resource Management or related field.
- Three (3) years recent related experience, including one (1) year supervisory experience.
- Candidate with diploma and extensive experience in Administration can apply
- Experience in processing work permits for expatriates a must
- Demonstrated accountability
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other but not a relative) and should be submitted to email@example.com on or before 12th May 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Administrative Supervisor”