Administrative Assistant Job Vacancy at KUCCPS Kenya Feb 2016
Employment opportunity: Administrative Assistant at KUCCPS Kenya
Job vacancy: Administrative Assistant at KUCCPS 2016
Feb 2016 Admin Assistant Career Recruitment at Kenya Universities & Colleges Central Placement Service
Job Vacancy: KUCCPS Admin Assistant Employment Kenya 2016
Job Description: Today KUCCPS Admin Assistant Work Kenya
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service is a Body Corporate established under Section 55 of the Universities Act No. 42 of 2012 to, among other functions, Coordinate the Placement of Government Sponsored Students to Universities and Colleges.
The Placement Service invites applications for the following position:
Career vacancy: Administrative Assistant
Provide overall and effective coordination and administrative support to the department.
This includes: secretarial, security, departmental procurement, travel arrangements and events coordination.
- Manage good office environment and ensure maintenance and security of all items entrusted with and establish and maintain stock management and control system;
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and arrange and participate in meetings, conferences and placement/career talks and other activities;
- Identify issues and provide advice regarding policies and standard practices;
- Prepare and periodic reports on departmental assets, procurement trends, projections and challenges;
- Working in liaison with the procurement section in the Placement Service, oversee efficient, value for money, well-coordinated and timely procurement to the department through periodic procurement planning and maintenance of a procurement database ;
- Facilitate the approval of travel and expense claims and requisitions;
- Liaise with relevant finance personnel to follow up on raised expense claims reimbursements;
- Manage and follow up on departmental staff leave applications and maintain leave calendar; and
- Supervise support staff.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must:
- Have served for a minimum of two (2) years in a Secretarial position in public or private sector;
- A Diploma in Office Administration or Secretarial Studies or equivalent;
- Computer literate; proficiency in email and Microsoft Applications;
- Strong in office management and administration;
- Good planning and organisational ability;
- Consultative approach with the ability to work under pressure and to prioritise;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Have met the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and accountability. Applicants should have clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Higher Educations Loans Board;
- A Licensed Credit Reference Bureau;
- Director of Criminal Investigation
How to Apply
Interested applicants should post or hand deliver their applications in sealed envelopes clearly marked with the position applied for and reference code to:The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service
ACK Garden House, 3rd Floor, 1st Ngong Avenue, Community
P. O. Box 105166-0101,
NairobiOr e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference code and the position applied for as the subject line.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer.
People with disabilities, women and people from marginalised regions are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for receipt of the applications is March 4, 2016 at 5.00 pm.