Administration and Procurement Assistant Job in Nairobi Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;Administration and Procurement Assistant in Nairobi Kenya
Career vacancy;Administration and Procurement Assistant in Nairobi Kenya
Living Water Service Centre seeks to recruit for the following position:
- Conduct organizational needs assessments to ascertain the good or services required by different projects/departments
- Develop annual and regular procurement plans
- Convene procurement meeting based on procurement policy. Take part in the annual procurement planning meetings.
- Coordinate supplier sourcing process include tendering and follow best practice and tender policies;
- Prequalification of suppliers. Participate in preparing prequalification documents and appraising prequalified suppliers;
- Support in the supplier evaluations and bid analysis for local orders items for LWSC as well as the projects.
- Carry out price surveys; maintain a price list for commonly used items and a list of prequalified vendors;
- Manage the bid review and selection process. Prepare contract award documents
- Assist in the drafting framework agreements and other related agreements for preferred suppliers;
- Coordinate vendor performance management review using the approved institutional tools and participate in decision making based on the evaluation.
- Control quality and quantity of the purchased items according to the requester’s specifications
- Ensure LWSCs procurement procedures are adhered to while purchasing goods and services required by LWSC;
- Ensure all specifications in the purchase requisitions are captured in the requests for quotations and subsequently in the purchase order;
- Maintain up to date records for all procured goods and services, including approved budgets and supporting documentation: purchase requisitions, quotations, bid evaluations, analysis, purchase orders, and related documents.
- Review supplier financial statements and reports and evaluate overall supplier health (supplier risk assessment)
- Managing purchasing, payment (in conjunction with the Finance Department), logistics planning and organization and follow-up
- Assist in preparing asset management and disposal plans. Ensure LWSC’s disposal plans are within the best practices.
- Gather all procurement documents as a complete file and transfer them to the Finance Manager
- Give regular report to the HRD Manager and the purchase requesters about procurement progress
- Diploma/Degree in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Logistics,
- At least 3 years of experience in procurement, administration and stores
- Strong understanding of procurement procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills – to deal with customers and external contacts
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to work to
- Computer literate
- Good working English and Kiswahili
Suitably qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter (one page only) explaining their suitability and a CV with details of qualifications and work experience including 3 traceable references – professional, spiritual and general.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.
LWI is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications to be submitted via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not attach scanned certificates.
Closing date for applications is 13th May 2016.
Should you be shortlisted you will be contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date.