ACF International Grants and Communications Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya July 2014
Action Contre la Faim (ACF-International) has been implementing humanitarian programs in Somalia since May 1992.
At present, ACF is implementing humanitarian interventions in Somalia focused on Severe and moderate under-nutrition, health, Water & Sanitation and Food Security & Livelihoods programs via program bases in Mogadishu, Bakool and Puntland.
ACF Somalia is currently looking for suitable a candidate to fill the position of Grants and Communications Manager based in Nairobi reporting to the Country Director.
The Grants and Communications Manager is responsible for quality accountability towards ACF’s donors and the proper formulation of the mission’s operational plans.
In addition to this the Grants and Communications Manager will support the mission’s internal and external communication.
- Transforms information produced in ACF’s mission into quality reports.
- Establish and maintain regular exchange with current and future donor counterparts.
- Establish Somalia donor data base and regularly advise country management team on funding opportunities.
- Proper formulation of the missions operational plans and ambitions into quality proposals and concept notes
- Proper and accurate consolidation of all proposals, budgets and reports for submission to ACF HQs, stakeholders and donors as needed.
- Support the mission in the design of advocacy and communication documents.
- Consolidation and record keeping of mission’s information and ensure its accessibility to all relevant staff and teams.
- Dissemination of project findings and results
- Set up and maintain mission archiving system (reports, studies, context documents)
Requirements for the Position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (Social Science, Project management, Development, Journalism etc)
- Previous experience with humanitarian or development organization
- Proven experience with donor reporting and proposal writing
- Experience in producing advocacy documents.
- Posses excellent skills in writing, written and oral English
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft office, working knowledge on communication tools
- Good presentation, editing and publishing skills
- Good organization and report writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Team player and posses good listening skills
- Knowledge and experience of the humanitarian environment in Somalia is an added advantage
- Somali speaking would be an added advantage
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements of the above position, please send a cover letter and resume including 3 referees to email@example.com not later than 11th July 2014, clearly mentioning the position you are applying for.
This position is open to Kenyan Nationals Only.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply