Feb 2016 Automotive Company Accountant Job Recruitment in Karen, Nairobi, Kenya
Job vacancy: Accountant Employment Kenya 2016
Job Description: Accountant Today Work Kenya
Our Client, an Automotive Company in the heart of Karen is looking to recruit an Accountant.
The ideal candidate MUST be Guajarati speaking.
- Post financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system
- Enter, update, and/or retrieve accounting data from automated systems.
- Verify accounting journals and ledgers and other financial records.
- Prepare and submit customer invoices
- Payroll preparation and statutory remittance
- Submit relevant withholding and VAT payments to Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Code, post and receive payments.
- Prepare and coordinate deposit activities.
- Perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations.
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payments.
- Assist in month end reporting procedures.
- Prepare and process employee expense reports.
- Design, prepare, and maintain accounting and finance spreadsheets.
- Clients accounts reconciliations for payments received and disbursed for vehicles.
- Keep track of all insurance policies and licences, renewal dates and renew as required.
- Keep track of the company’s in-house employee loan scheme.
- Create sales agreements and pro-forma invoices and assist the sales team in seeing through sales.
- Prepare a proper monthly work-in-progress report and a stock report.
- Prepare all financial accounts ready for auditors.
- Review new procedures, manuals, and system enhancements.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum five years’ work experience in accounting or finance.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent.
- CPA (K).
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools, i.e. QuickBooks and spreadsheets
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system and policy updates.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature.
- Ability and drive to work independently, solution oriented.
- Ability to determine work priorities, make decisions and take appropriate actions.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 150,000/= (Approx. 1,500 USD)
Deadline: 20th February 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Training,
Blixen Court, Karen road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be consider for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
****Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements of the job****