5 Star Hotel Credit Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya (170K) march 2016
Job opportunity:5 Star Hotel Credit Manager in Nairobi Kenya (170K)
Career vacancy:5 Star Hotel Credit Manager in Nairobi Kenya (170K)
Job Title: 5 Star Hotel Credit Manager
Salary: 120K – 170K
Our client is a unique golf resort in Kenya & Africa and enjoys the goodwill of the international tourist market, as well as a diverse local individual and corporate clientele.
They seek to hire a qualified and highly experienced Credit Manager who will be responsible for period credit reviews of existing customers, assess creditworthiness of potential customers with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
- Review credit worthiness and approve or deny direct billing requests
- Maintains security of credit documents such as credit applications and write-offs
- Maintains and ensures detailed listing and documentation of all credit and collection calls to document all possible steps were taken to avoid write-offs of uncollectible accounts
- Stays current on all Hotel policies regarding provision of credit and collection of debts
- Instructs departments as to the correct procedures regarding credit policies, and ensures adherence to established credit policies
- Attends pre and post function and sales meetings where billing arrangements are involved
- Prepares and distributes, pre arrival group credit procedure materials for all departments
- Reviews in-house bills daily to ensure proper application of charges and that credit limit is not exceeded
- Works closely with Sales Department, Catering and Conference Services, Front Office Manager and Front Office personnel to service all group billing requirements.
- Reviews daily high balance report, makes contact with transient guests as necessary to ensure adherence to established credit policy and procedures
- Schedules and oversees the work of support staff engaged in credit activities, trains and instructs employees, reviews their work for accuracy (to ensure proper preparation of Guest Billing Statements and proper application of payments received)
- Follows up with client, whenever necessary, to verify receipt of billing statement, answers any questions that might arise
- Researches and resolves discrepancies or disputes in billing
- Prints and reviews Aging Report on a daily basis. Ensures all Ledger accounts are accurate (no check-out guests with balances, and no positive balances for advanced deposits)
- Prepares Accounts Receivable Aging report, and reviews with Finance Manager for determination of appropriate action steps and communication of: phone contact, continued hotel level collection efforts, collection agency, write-offs and reporting to credit authority
- Attends required hotel meetings to keep informed of in-house activities/promotions and events, and maintains communications with other departments throughout the hotel
- Conducts departmental meetings as required to communicate effectively with all credit department personnel to ensure that they are kept current with pertinent hotel information and activities
- Evaluates changes in guest needs and the resort’s guest mix and industry competitive set to recommend appropriate product/service and operational changes necessary to ensure guest and employee satisfaction, while maintaining market dominance and exceptional financial performance
- Prepares any requisite analytic reports to assist with the month end close.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- 3-4 years prior supervisory experience in hotel accounts receivable or collections
- Knowledge of collection and credit reporting procedures
- Proficiency in computer software applications including all Windows based Accounting systems
- Strong organization and maintenance skills
- Effective management, leadership, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedules
- Sustains performance and achievement oriented
- Confident with customers.
- Inspires cooperation and commitment.
- Adapts work style and ethics appropriately.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Has energy and drive.
- A sense of urgency and makes things happen
- Open to feedback and learning.
- Generates innovative options and has positive impact and influence
- Operates ethically with high level personal integrity
- Emotionally stable and mature
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (5 Star Hotel Credit Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 6th April 2016
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted