5 Reasons You Should Eat Watermelon On A Daily Basis
What comes in your mind with the mention of Watermelon? Well, that Green Red coluored fruit that Kenyans associate with people without a stand “kigeu kigeu,” is not all that bad after all.
The Watermelon is one fruit that is available all year round. It is known for its refreshment and thirst quenching goodness it brings with it. Watermelon contains 92% water and 8% sugar. It is nutritious (as it is high in lycopene) and delicious too.
An online research reveals that the Water Melon is of great help to our bodies and here are some reasons you should eat it on a daily basis.
1. Watermelon can boost your energy levels – They contain Vitamin B6 which the body uses to synthesize the feel good dopamine. When you feel good you become energetic automatically.
2. They can help improve sleep- Eaten after dinner especially , research claims that watermelon can extend deep stages of sleep by at least 27%. The watermelon’s polysaccharide carbohydrates rev the body’s output of serotonin. When levels of serotonin increase at night, the brain is less sensitive to disruptive stimuli (like noise) during sleep.
3. Watermelon can help you achieve a younger looking skin- Research has shown that watermelon can reduce sun related skin damage by about 40% because it contains antioxidant (lycopene) which tackles the UV induced free radicals that cause wrinkling and sunburns.
4. Can aid in treating skin problems and also help wounds to heal faster. Watermelon contains amino acid citrulline which the body converts to arginine which speeds the delivery of white blood cells to injury sites and spurs the growth of new skin tissue. Studies show that these processes can help skin heal utpto 3 times faster.
5. Can give one a Viagra-like effect- Watermelon contains an ingredient arginine which boosts nitric oxide that helps relaxes blood vessels the very same thing that viagara does.